Feds Open Up Investigation Into Trayvon Martin Case

Comments: 0  | Leave A Comment

There’s been a lot of talk on what should happen to the suspect in the Trayvon Martin case. The 17 year-old had been visiting his father when a self-appointed neighborhood watch thought him to be suspicious. George Zimmerman radioed officials and was told to not take action, but he followed the young boy for blocks and then proceed to shot and kill him. The boy was only hold a bag of skittles and a can of iced tea when police arrived on scene.

Late Monday night, the U.S. Department of Justice announced that it will open an investigation into the murder of Trayvon Martin. This is happening a few days after the video recording that was recorded from George Zimmerman’s car was released to the public. After Martin’s family had been lied to several times by Sanford police about Zimmerman’s violent past, the family has since requested that the case be taken up by the FBI.

In a statement, the DOJ said along with the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Middle District of Florida and the FBI, they are looking into “the facts and circumstances of the shooting death of Trayvon Martin.” Gov. Rick Scott of Florida has also requested that Florida’s Department of Law Enforcement look into the case after it “caused significant concern within the Sanford community and the state.”

Join the Conversation! Share and Discuss!

Tags: » » » » » »

Comments

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 108 other followers