Source: Baltimore City Fire Department / Baltimore City Fire Department
This is definitely not the way to start off 2017. An early morning fire in Northeast Baltimore has claimed the life of 6 children, according to Baltimore City Fire Department. Fox 45’s Amber Miller was on the scene early this morning, reporting from the two-alarm fire off Bel-Air Road. While giving live updates on tv, she was sharing the news on social media as well.At this time, we don’t know the names of those involved in the fire. We’re sending our prayers out to everyone involved. Whatever we can do to promote Fire Safety in schools and to make sure every home has smoke detectors, we need to do. This is truly heartbreaking.
1. Marilyn Mosby is the youngest chief prosecutor in any major U.S. city.
1 of 10
2. The 35-year-old state attorney is a registered Democrat who’s dedicated to creating an atmosphere of transparency and accountability in Baltimore City.
2 of 10
3. Her husband is councilman Nick Mosby. The two met while attending Tuskegee University in Alabama.
3 of 10
4. Marilyn Mosby is a Boston native who attended Boston College Law School.
4 of 10
5. Marilyn comes from a family of police officers. Her uncles, father, and grandfather were all police officers. Her grandfather was actually one of the first African-American officers in Massachusetts.
5 of 10
6. Marilyn’s a mother of two little girls. She was elected in office back in November 2014, and became widely known as the crime crusader.
6 of 10
7. Before becoming a state attorney, Marilyn was an attorney for Liberty Mutual Insurance.
7 of 10
8. Marilyn’s only been on the job since January. Before becoming a state attorney, she was an assistant state attorney.
8 of 10
9. It wasn’t until her cousin was murdered in 1994 that Marilyn decided she wanted to dedicate her life to the criminal justice system.
9 of 10
10. When she was only six-years-old, Mosby was accepted in a school desegregation program in Massachusetts. Her experience in the program later prompted her to participate in a study of the civil rights movement.
10 of 10
Continue reading N.E. Baltimore House Fire Claims Life of 6 Kids, Others Critical
Everything You Need To Know About Baltimore City’s State Attorney Marilyn Mosby